ride quality with avleveling kit?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

Very interested in purchasing a leveling kit I just have a few questions. How would the ride quality differ from stock cranked t bars all the way? Is there any difference in ride quality between torsion key brands? I heard that bilsteen makes a leveling kit specific shock any input on that, and would that help ride quality?

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Pretty much any torsion key lift will stiffen your ride and you will probably notice a slight difference. Yes the bilstein kit is supposed to solve that problem and I think there are a few members on here that have installed it and says it is pretty nice.

3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Bilstein makes leveling shocks for the 07+ which have struts. If your truck is has t-bars, then you will have to crank or buy keys. I would always crank the stock keys first. In some cases the stock keys don't allow for much adjustment, in which case you would need to buy a leveling kit, but typically you can get 2" out of the stock keys. In other words, don't waste your money just yet.

4. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

I have an 03 and my tbars are already cranked all the way. But I have an extra 2 in block in the back. I have looked into the bilsteins and their website has front shocks for my truck with 0-2in of lift

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those shocks are just a little longer than factory shocks. They will not give you any lift like the 5100's will for the NNBS.

6. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

I knew they didn't I was just wondering with a leveling kit how they would ride in comparison to stock with extenitions

7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had bil's for a short while on my truck and they rode amazing. Hands down the best the truck had ever rode.

On my '07 Classic I had keys and I noticed a much stiffer ride and went with SkyJacker shocks and they made it ever worse. Go for the bil's!

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When you crank or install lift keys the ride will stiffen up. I ran Pro Comp keys on my '05 for a couple of years and I found the ride to be better than it was with the stock keys cranked. I left the stock shocks on and didn't use shock extenders. The ride was firm but by no means jarring or uncomfortable.

9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have a set of King shock's on my truck. It is their version of a leveling kit. I think the ride is better with them than it was before I installed them.

10. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

I have an 03 sierra and went with the readylift 2.5, only picked it up an inch and a half. The z71's front sits at 10.6 and the back at 12.1