Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ride quality with avleveling kit?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

Very interested in purchasing a leveling kit I just have a few questions. How would the ride quality differ from stock cranked t bars all the way? Is there any difference in ride quality between torsion key brands? I heard that bilsteen makes a leveling kit specific shock any input on that, and would that help ride quality?
  2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Pretty much any torsion key lift will stiffen your ride and you will probably notice a slight difference. Yes the bilstein kit is supposed to solve that problem and I think there are a few members on here that have installed it and says it is pretty nice.
  3. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Bilstein makes leveling shocks for the 07+ which have struts. If your truck is has t-bars, then you will have to crank or buy keys. I would always crank the stock keys first. In some cases the stock keys don't allow for much adjustment, in which case you would need to buy a leveling kit, but typically you can get 2" out of the stock keys. In other words, don't waste your money just yet.
  4. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

I have an 03 and my tbars are already cranked all the way. But I have an extra 2 in block in the back. I have looked into the bilsteins and their website has front shocks for my truck with 0-2in of lift
  5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those shocks are just a little longer than factory shocks. They will not give you any lift like the 5100's will for the NNBS.
  6. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA Rockstar

I knew they didn't I was just wondering with a leveling kit how they would ride in comparison to stock with extenitions
  7. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had bil's for a short while on my truck and they rode amazing. Hands down the best the truck had ever rode.

On my '07 Classic I had keys and I noticed a much stiffer ride and went with SkyJacker shocks and they made it ever worse. Go for the bil's!
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

When you crank or install lift keys the ride will stiffen up. I ran Pro Comp keys on my '05 for a couple of years and I found the ride to be better than it was with the stock keys cranked. I left the stock shocks on and didn't use shock extenders. The ride was firm but by no means jarring or uncomfortable.
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have a set of King shock's on my truck. It is their version of a leveling kit. I think the ride is better with them than it was before I installed them.
  10. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

I have an 03 sierra and went with the readylift 2.5, only picked it up an inch and a half. The z71's front sits at 10.6 and the back at 12.1