Right horn not working

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Strodder, Sep 5, 2010.

Newest Photos

1. Strodder

Strodder New Member

Only the right horn doesn't work on my 2006 Silverado 2500HD. So I put 12 volts to it and it worked. I checked the wires and it's not getting voltage to it. I'm assuming there is only 1 fuse for the horns. If the left one works, then it has to be in the wiring from the relay. Right?? Any tips.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  2. daddytech

daddytech New Member 100 Posts

if you have a relay that runs the horn on that one then i would think the relay unless the wire was pinched somewhere along the path. not sure those horns are hooked to a relay though but your truck is new enough it may very well be and i honestly wouldn't have a clue. most GM trucks only have one horn though, maybe that's something new they are doing too since none of mine are any newer than a 99 i really wouldn't know. Might take the bolt out that holds the horn on and check that the metal is bare for the ground, if it honks with 12v going to it though more than likely the ground is ok.
  3. Strodder

Strodder New Member

My next step will be finding the horn relay, and trace the wires to the horn or where ever they go. Since it has the factory alarm, who knows where it goes. Does anybody have a wiring diagram?
  4. countryboy73703

countryboy73703 New Member

I don't have one, but I would just trace the wires starting at the horn... and does the horn work with the alarm? if so that maybe what it's designated to be used for..
  5. Strodder

Strodder New Member

Yes only one horn beeps when I set the alarm. I haven't had time to look at it again. I've been really busy lately.