right side turn signal won't flash, fast ticking sound...

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by rokjok, Jan 17, 2010.

1. rokjok

rokjok New Member

Hi everyone, I'm the new guy...

First, I apologize if this has been addressed before elsewhere. I'm new to the site and couldn't find a "search" window anywhere.

I've replaced the bulb, that's not it. Brake light works, no turn signal and I get a fast clicking when I try to use it. Not a fuse, but the fuse that runs that runs other stuff too, and nothing is sketchy but that ONE side...

I've not changed anything, istalled anything..other than just having done plugs and wires to fix a 55 mph "leaping-pulsing-sputtering" issue....

I'm a DJ in a nightclub, and don't need THAT SIGNAL to be what gets me pulled over coming home at 4 am...lol

1993 Suburban 4X4 350 if that matters.

Thanks in advance! I'm a member of a similar motorcycle site and I've learned SO MUCH about working on my bike.....looking forward to that here as well -

TJ

2. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not 100% on this but it might be the falsher capacitor if that is what its still called. It is a metal cylinder that controls the power to the flashers. This is seperate from the fuses and can be found under the dash board. Its about the size of an old 35 mm film canister (remember the black thing with the grey lid). They are easy to swap - replace it with a heavy duty one.
    I hope this helps.

3. rokjok

rokjok New Member

right on...I know what that is. I've been reading since I posted this, and that seems to be the concensus.....I'll let you know brother, and thanks for the reply!

tjk

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The "fast" clicking is a built-in indicator of a failed bulb. Check to see if you are getting power back to the bulb. The stoplight is on a separate circuit, so a working stoplight is not a good indicator of power getting back to the signal element of the bulb. Is the fast clicking on the left or right signal?

5. rokjok

rokjok New Member

right side.....I know that that brake light, turn signal and seems like something else are 3 separate bulbs...you have one electrical plug to what I guess amounts to a circuit board of sorts, and the 3 bulbs are independent of each other.

you have to remove the entire unit, then unscrew some stuff just to change bulbs....what a pain in the @zz....lmao

T.

6. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

x2 on that, was that way with my mom's chevrolet van and with my truck, the bulb was out

7. shadowt_t

shadowt_t Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

falsher capacitor

8. blackbowtie91

blackbowtie91 New Member

I actually JUST had this happen to me. Changed the flasher and it ended up being a bad bulb. There should be three different bulbs and the blinker itself is the second one down.

9. rokjok

rokjok New Member

right..changed to brand new bulbs before you guys ever heard of me....lol

going for flasher now.....will let you guys know -

t.

10. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you'd better, just kidding