right turn signal works intermittently. or sometimes will be clicking but no lights.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by miked70, Jan 1, 2012.

1. miked70

miked70 New Member

Do you think a bulb socket or other?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

its likely the problem that or a wire is loose.
  3. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

Easiest way to find out is to replace the bulb with one from a local parts store. I think I just paid like $5 for a pair from O'Reilly's. If that doesn't fix the problem, check fuses next, and then start worrying about the wiring.
  4. dedmon27

dedmon27 New Member 100 Posts

Mike I had this problem with my 03 silverado last year well two years now. Would turn on the right signal sometimes it worked, other times the blinker would stay solid and other times it wouldn't do anything. While the left signal was fine. All my bulbs were good so it took out my relay, took it apart and lubed it up. That worked for about a week. So had to go to the dealer (only place I could get it) to replace it. I believe it was over $100. Now everything is fine, no problems now.
  5. Montana

Montana New Member

We've had several of the NBS Silverados with corosion in the tail light wiring harness'. I believe that it is from the crap they spray on the roads up here.
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member 100 Posts

Hey, you're extremely close to me! I hear ya on that crap "Mag Chloride". It eats through absolutely everything doesn't it? Seems like we were going through a ton of tail lights in our work trucks before we finally figured out that wire nuts really aren't the best solution for fixing the problem, lol.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

x2 on the corrosion. Here in Michigan they just use salt. My 02's left tail light stopped working. It was where the rear harness connected to the front. On the frame cross rail just behind the spare tire. I pulled it apart and cleaned it. Have not had an issue in 3 years now. My friend has an 03 that had the exact same issue and solution.