Rigid Industries LED light bar

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SeanBurgandy, Mar 6, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The company I ordered mine from is NorCal trucks. I called them a few weeks ago to check on the status of my mounts. They don't actually manufacture the mounts themselves so they are at the mercy of others. They told me the mounts had been made and sent to the powder coater to be painted. I should have them in hand in about another week or so. I will post pics when I do the install with lots of pics. @Burden33 has mounted a 50 inch bar on his truck and I am looking forward to the advice he has on switch location. If you have any questions that I may be able to help with just let me know.

Just got an email from NorCal trucks. Brackets are in the mail!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  2. SeanBurgandy

SeanBurgandy New Member

aloxdaddy99- I couldn't wait to order the brackets, so I just drilled a new set of bolt holes for mine. Although, having the smaller brackets would have made my install a lot easier. I posted a couple of pictures if you're interested. Just FYI, there is barely room in the air-dam area as it is, and installing the 20" light bar is a BITCH w/o pulling the bumper.

I hope your install goes a lot smoother than mine did. Good luck!
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Why not pull the bumper. It's pretty darn easy to remove...
  4. the phantom

the phantom New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

@SurrealOne Have you noticed any increase in operating temperature since install? It appears that more than half of the slots are somewhat blocked from the lights. Just curious as I may be interested in mounting a bar behind my grille that I installed(with no noticeable increase in temp. noted) in that slot.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

No change, at all. Keep in mind, though, I replaced my OEM 28" radiator with an aftermarket 34" radiator ... so I have added heat exchange surface area compared to what the truck came with. I've also done a transmission cooler upgrade from the OEM tranny cooler to the Tru Cool 40K GVWR which adds heat exchange surface area for the transmission fluid. Last, I've done an efan conversion and my fans are set to come on at 190F. They ran very little prior to the addition of the bars ... and there's been no real delta. (Obviously they run more in summer, as AC activiation will also turn them on.)

The person to ask would be @SeanBurgandy, as he's got a NNBS truck, like you, and I don't think he's done the kind of cooling mods I've done. @aloxdaddy99 would be a close second, as his radiator is OEM but he's upgraded his tranny cooler to the Tru Cool 40K GVWR, as well. Either should be able to provide a closer benchmark than I can once they've run with their bars installed for a while. (Also note that you'd likely be installing the same 20" bar they are using, so again ... a closer guestimate than I can provide since my bars and airflow through the bumper slot are different from yours/theirs.)
  6. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

I just got to say i love my light bar best thing i ever put on for lights. i was going to mount the switch up with my dome lights where put it was going to cost me a lot of time which i didnt had at the time and when the light switch was turn on it was actually alot brighter then i thought so i ended mounting it below my fog light switch out of the way ill take pics when i get home and post the switch. btw be careful not to over tighten the nut on the bar when you mount it i ended up doing it the other night and cracked the bolt off.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got to say i love my light bar best thing i ever put on for lights. i was going to mount the switch up with my dome lights where put it was going to cost me a lot of time which i didnt had at the time and when the light switch was turn on it was actually alot brighter then i thought so i ended mounting it below my fog light switch out of the way ill take pics when i get home and post the switch. btw be careful not to over tighten the nut on the bar when you mount it i ended up doing it the other night and cracked the bolt off. i also got another led project starting just waiting on the custom mounts to be made from socal supertruck
  7. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member 100 Posts

cool! I love the locations you chose. very discrete. almost cop-like. you gotta post some good nighttime photos so we can see cast & throw