Rim and Tire offer from a buddy

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by benoit230, Jul 15, 2014.

1. benoit230

benoit230 Member

So a friend of mine is trading in his Tacoma for a FJ tomorrow and he offered me his Black Villian Vigilante wheels with Nokian WR2 tires http://www.blackironwheels.ca/Styles/Vigilante/Gloss-Black-with-Machined-Face

He is asking $1300, he paid $1900 6 months ago (with install) and has put 10,000kms on them? Sounds like a good deal to me and the tires have very good ratings for year round use.

Opinions?

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Those look nice. You don't have to pay sales tax either.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Have you checked to make sure those wheels fit your truck? Same number of lugs, same lug spacing, etc?

4. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

tacoma wheels do bolt on, but the have a larger hub bore iirc. so you'll just be lug centric not bug centric anymore, but they do fit

5. benoit230

benoit230 Member

Yes on their website I pressed the "Does this fit my vehicle button" so hopefully they are correct, I'm sure if they don't fit correctly my friend won't mind having to sell to someone else.

6. McClintoc

If the wheels fit the lugs but have a larger hub bore than your truck's hubs, just find some hub rings and you'll be good. Otherwise, seems like a pretty good deal.

7. benoit230

benoit230 Member

Needed new lug nuts but they are on and they fit. Had to take off my front mud flaps since it was rubbing on the metal bolts. Not sure if I like the front mud flaps on or if I just got used to it.

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

FYI I'll probably put the mud flaps back on up front once I get a leveling kit installed.

8. McClintoc

Looking good. Glad they fit.