Rim choice

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by adampaul1964, Feb 23, 2009.

1. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guys, these are the rims I plan on installing in the spring , what d'yall think? :glasses:

Attached Files:

2. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

ok not 2 bad

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah baby more chrome, mmmmmmmmm! They look a lot like the American Racing Torque Thrust wheels my dad has on his hot rod, I really like that design because they are easy to clean. Here's a thought about the lug nuts, go with the stainless steel one's from Gorilla. I had a set of regular chrome lug nuts on my rims and they were hard to reach , they ended up rusting back in the lug recess. I bought a complete set of Gorilla stainless steel lug nuts for my rims for $104 at Summit Racing, it was worth it though because now I don't have to worry about taking a Q-tip with wax in those holes trying to clean them. Just an idea, keep up the great work............AMY:sign0016:

4. adampaul1964

Thanks for the tip! I was considering the Torque Thrust, that's why I went with these G.M. rims,don't ask me why but i like to use G.M. accessories when I can. I think it gives it a kinda custom/stock feel, or maybe I'm just funny!! :lol:

5. goodie

goodie Rockstar

I have always loved the look of TT wheels so I think those would look sick...whats the price and size on those babies? Where can you get them? If they are significantly cheaper then TT then I might look into those.

6. adampaul1964

Well they are factory G.M. wheels and they run about $1600 a set(cheapest)to $2700(highest) I found mine on ebay for $369 + $100 shipping ,the center caps are around $200 a set (dealer) got mine for $40 (I have an old high school friend who's parts manager at a local dealership! :money:
    size 20" x 8.5"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

not too bad at all :great:

8. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

I like them. The look sweet.

9. Darstedly

Darstedly Rockstar 100 Posts

Great looking wheels. Have fun keeping them polished!

10. ndavis0001

ndavis0001 New Member

nice... lots of chrome and also lots of room... i hate full face wheels