1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rim issues

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Crakums_GT, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT New Member

I have some MB Wheels Predator rims that I bought from Discount Tire Co. I noticed the other day that some of the clear coat on them is peeling off and I don't want them to rust. Also the edges around where the clear coat has peeled collects dirt very quick and looks pretty bad. Was just wondering if anybody knew the best way to take care of this. Can get pics later this week if needed.

-Greg
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I would tell you to use Zoops seal, but it's a little late for that. Zoops is perfect for clear coat wheels, because once you put it on it is good for several years without waxing. I used it on my dad's motorcycle wheels and it's awesome, but I would be afraid to do it without possibly damaging the wheels even more. I am not aware of any cure for this problem, other than wet sanding and re-clearing them maybe.

BUMP< BUMP!