Rim size

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SargeZ71, May 17, 2011.

1. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

Hey everyone I am new here but I need an answer on something. I have a 05 Z71 four door that has 17 inch rims. I want to buy different rims however, I can't find my rim width anywhere.

Any help with this is much appreciated.

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Stock 17" rims are 7.5" wide. I'm running 20" X 8.5" rims on my '05

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

Thanks so much Adam. So my truck is ok tp put 8 inch rims on?

4. jdennis44

jdennis44 Rockstar 100 Posts

It should be fine with the 8" rims! i had 20"x9" on my last truck which was an 2003. the only thing to be careful with is the backspacing and offset. i dont know enough to tell you much about either of those but i do know that the backspacing and offset will affect how wide or how tucked the rims fit your truck. i am sure there are plenty of people on here that can help you out with those two things!

5. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

Thanks jdennis I appreciate it. Now I just have to find the rims I want. I want majority black with a little Crome. I have a tan truck but hate Crome. My flow master tips are black chrome and everything I've done thus far is black

6. jdennis44

Sounds like you have good taste! the new KMC XD Series Misfits are probably my favorite that are out right now. KMC XD Series imo makes some of the best looking rims out there but there are a ton of great looking ones! let us know what you choose!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

What type of tips do you have to get the black chrome?

7. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

I'm not sure the place that did my exhaust had them. They were pricey but worth it. Look great. I'll call tomorrow to get the info and post it.

8. jdennis44

yea i would appreciate that. i bet they do look great!

9. SargeZ71

SargeZ71 Member

Jdennis, I called and he said he sent them to a guy to get done black. But he did say jones makes some. I google jones and found black steel tips. I'm sorry I can't be more help but he said he thought jones exhaust made them.

10. jdennis44

oh that is plenty of help. i can go from there! i see your from Valdosta. i am just um 75 from you in Forsyth.