1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rim suggestions

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ethan1029, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

any 18" rim suggestions to go with trail grapplers or either open country mts? would like chrome. tires will be either 33.5 or 34"

thank you
  2. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

a few more details on what the truck is ? and what kinda lift, but id just go with a 33 either a 305 or 295. and ive always like moto metal rims , had a set on my old truck loved em
  3. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

thank u for the help. iv looked at moto metal and xd both. i think iv decided to go with 20s but not sure which rim exactly
  4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

There are a lot out there to choose from, just make sure you get the right backspacing/offset.
  5. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Go with 20's. Trust me you won't regret it. I would look at 2crave offroad, Fuel offroad wheels, and KMC's.
  6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

+1...............
  7. ethan1029

ethan1029 Member

what is the best offset? or the one with the least chance of scrubbing?
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

You have to first figure out what wheel sizes will work and fit on your vehicle. You can't just buy any wheel as you will find out. You need to start at tire/wheel websites that have fitment calculators. Try tirerack for starters.

9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you have a lift on your truck you can get proper backspacing/offset specs from the manufacturer of your lift kit.