Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

RIM - Trouble!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by CanadianFrybag, Jul 8, 2010.

1. CanadianFrybag

CanadianFrybag New Member

i own a 2007 silverasdo ltz vortec max, i put 4inch rancho suspension lift in it, giving me enough space for 35 inch od for tires - i have purchased toyo m/t which has an od of 34.1 which is in spec> now my trouble is i purchase aftermarket rims called ultra wheels! 6x5.5 with a -12 mm off set which is good my problem is i have back spaceing of 4.5 when i need 5.5_ does any one know of a rim made with dimensions of 17inch 6X5.5 at least -12 offset and at least 5.25 backspacing????? if any one know of a rim with this info please reply _ truck is not going anywhere until i find new rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

2. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Rockstars have 5.5 backspacing but they are in 18's and up.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Offset and backspacing measurements are directly related. In other words one affects the other. You are probably going to have to go with 20mm offset to get the backspacing you need. Offset is the distance the mounting surface of the wheel is from the centerline, not including the lip. Backspace is the distance the mounting surface is from the back edge of the rim, so clearly these measurements will affect each other. Check out this thread.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...m-of-Wheel-Backspacing-and-Other-Measurements

4. rangercliff

rangercliff New Member ROTM Winner

i have an 07' ltz vortex max with front 2.5" leveling kit & put 17x9 -6 offset which comes to 4.75 backspace with 285-75-17 nittos (33).if you go with 5.25 or 5.5 backspace with a 35 you may rub on frame or suspension,you need to get the tire out with a smaller backspacing.