1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rippys 42 G.I. Chevy "Stars and Stripes"

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Rippy, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Rippy

Rippy New Member

42 Army Chevy,
    rippys 579.jpg
    DSCN0223.jpg IM000001.jpg IM000005.jpg IM000039.jpg DSCN0201.jpg
  2. Rippy

Rippy New Member

Here is the link to the 30 year+ build, 540 Merlin, Allison AT545, 871 BDS, FAST EFI, Enderle Bug Catcher, 4 wheel Hydroboost disc brakes, Hydro Assist power steering, AC, Detroit locker, Torque rod traction control, twin hydaruilic drive winches,
    http://rides.webshots.com/album/550039908qGswfS
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  3. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0005: Hey Rippy great truck /project.... make sure you stop by the new members thread and tell us a little about you and that great project you have going there ..... member intro...
  4. Rippy

Rippy New Member

Thanks DD! I just became a member and lookin to make new friends. I'll post under members with all the details.
  5. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

SWeeet!!!!! :glasses: I think stars and stripes you have built is on the perty much the same chassy as My Topkick, i don't think they changed very much over all these years.....
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What a great looking result from what I am sure was a fun project!
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Awesome project! Love to see a video of Stars and Stripes moving around.
  8. Rippy

Rippy New Member

Once I get the EFI tuned I'll post a video. Here are more pics. The Jerry cans are permanent. Open the valve and they drain to the main tank. The steps slide vertically and can be quick pinned up for offroading. The red tank in the tool box is for hydraulic fluid for front and rear hydraulic drive winches. Also an Engine oil cooler in the box with thermostat conrtolled fan.
    DSCN0161.jpg DSCN0185.jpg DSCN0186.jpg DSCN0183.jpg
  9. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

One of the most creative uses of the cans and box I have ever seen. Definitely looking forward to the vid.
  10. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That's an awesome project. That's probably one of the more unique projects I've seen on here and it's done really well. Great job, and I'm looking forward to a lot more pics.