Rke

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Rumpamuro, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

does anyone know where i can find just a remote keyless entry system?? like ive installed door lock actuators already and all i need is the remote ststem. anyone know where i could find these?

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ebay maybe? give it a try :great:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You can find them on eBay, I've got some auto parts connections too, what year/make/model?

4. Rumpamuro

07 Silverado classic but it didnt come stock with power locks, i added the actuators, but i need a keyless entry system now. Unless do you think i could get a stock unit and get the actuators to work with it?

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

most car alarm systems will interface with power locks so that it can lock and unlock doors. it uses a couple of outboard relays. So, for 250ish, you could have a car alarm and keyless entry.

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you could get the entire package, RKE,RS, & Alarm with pager unit for less than $250.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ult4265&store=&catid=297

7. Rumpamuro

Im looking just for Remote keyless entry because i dont want to void the warranty. i have a 2 way paging system already (compustar) but that will go in once my warranty is done. ( i install the things so i have a lot of the 2 way paging lying around. but where i get them from they dont supply just a remote keyless entry system. and the compustars wont function unless everythign is plugged in.