1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rke

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Rumpamuro, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

does anyone know where i can find just a remote keyless entry system?? like ive installed door lock actuators already and all i need is the remote ststem. anyone know where i could find these?

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ebay maybe? give it a try :great:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

You can find them on eBay, I've got some auto parts connections too, what year/make/model?

4. Rumpamuro

07 Silverado classic but it didnt come stock with power locks, i added the actuators, but i need a keyless entry system now. Unless do you think i could get a stock unit and get the actuators to work with it?

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

most car alarm systems will interface with power locks so that it can lock and unlock doors. it uses a couple of outboard relays. So, for 250ish, you could have a car alarm and keyless entry.

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you could get the entire package, RKE,RS, & Alarm with pager unit for less than $250.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=ult4265&store=&catid=297

7. Rumpamuro

Im looking just for Remote keyless entry because i dont want to void the warranty. i have a 2 way paging system already (compustar) but that will go in once my warranty is done. ( i install the things so i have a lot of the 2 way paging lying around. but where i get them from they dont supply just a remote keyless entry system. and the compustars wont function unless everythign is plugged in.