1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Road accicdent...

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by chevburban, Aug 16, 2010.

1. chevburban

chevburban New Member

Hello guys. Got some trouble . The day after registration here i got a road accident with nissan xtrail 2010. Ofc police declared that it was other driver fault. Tomorrow ill go to police department to take the documents to insurance company. This is crazy what happened, almost at empty crossroads. I made a little flash-movie to demonstrate the situation and putted some photos after crash.
    Here in Russia its a bit hard with getting some spare parts for old GM trucks, anyways i'll try to offer it from US. But dunno about front bumper, ofc i will try to fix it, but i was always wondering is there any chance to find such at US? (bumper's photos at mine profile) Thanks in advice.

Flash scheme is here: [video]http://www.sendspace.com/file/tnxaqf[/video]

Photos are here:
    My poor chevy​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uhh... Seems like i bited it "good" :/​
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks like a Warn bumper. Look at Warn.com and I'm sure thats the one.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

I looked in my Warn book and I believe it is a Warn Classic bumper. The catolog shows a Ford bumper but I'm sure its a Warn. The bumper for your Suburban is part # 26150. The picture of the Ford has the optional grille/brush guard.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Good call, S.T.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Looks a little harsh but at least it's only looking cosmetic, nothing a few parts won't fix.

Have a look around, especially under the bumper for any stamped markings. On the underside or even maybe inside there should be manufacturing information and/or at the very least a maker name.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I can't say I've ever seen anyone here from Russia and I hope you come back around and keep us updated. I'd love to see more of that country and it's vehicles!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm sure its a Warm because back in the day they made that bumper in pieces so they were easy to ship and the retailer would put together for the end customer.
  5. chevburban

chevburban New Member

Big thanks for help and supporting me guys, i really appreciate it! Found that bumper and now at least i know where and how i can get it, thanks again! I've just came from police department, got all references and ready to visit insurance company, so they able to evaluate the damage. Btw i had a problem with police and my bumper during official checkup (i hope it calls so), they said that it's too big (according to law), tough and not basic (according to welds - lol) they also asked about sertification from manufacturer, for that time i didn't know that it is Warns, so i didn't find anything, for that i payed a fine for about 200$.. Heh, going to call to some places for spare parts.
    P.S. Old chevy never die! ;)
  6. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Glad you can get it straight and hopefully actually get the certification that you need... That is a great looking Burb you have there.. And it looks like it won in the accident anyhow (looks like thiers is gonna take a few more parts to get back to driveable)
    But as Springthing said keep us informed.
  7. rustyk2

rustyk2 New Member

Sorry to hear about the bad luck, hope you find what you need. I don't know if LMC truck ships to Russia, but it might be worth a look.
  8. chevburban

chevburban New Member

Restoration after the road accident

Ooookey) Greetings again! Well after my road accident that has been happened at august Friday 13th I got something to show u, the result of restoration job, it took us 7 days. We did it with my friend. First of all total cost:

1. Money to trip 150$ for gas, the place is about 400 miles from my home.
    2. Two front fenders (from chevy 1994) + fender guards and supporting brackets for accumulator and ABS block 170$.
    3. Money for materials 150$.
    4. Some bonus to friend 200$
    So, total: 670 $

Ok there we go, after I got front fenders I started to prepare them for painting such as dust and rust cleaning and etc.

[​IMG]
    By chevburban at 2010-09-20

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As u saw on the photo before, i have Warn bumper classic (thanks to siveradotrailblazer for info). After the hit it has been turned by 90 degreeses. So we decided to cut the injured part of bumper and delete extra metal (pulled) after the hit. So that we can level off it easly. Well, hammers + circular saw and hands always give us something =) Here we go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the thing (special sealant) that i use to protect welds from corrosion

[​IMG]

After all metalwork and welding it's time to prepare surfaces for priming and painting (missed up photos during spackling and painting):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course during unmounting parts I tried to kill any rust that has been detected, as a result front plate molded in 5 places, totally dismounted, rustFixed and painted by special anticorrosive mastic. Hope it will serve me a bit longer.

[​IMG]

Fender guards (view from engine bay):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is the result of our job:

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone for watching and supporting me ;)
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Looks good as new, great job.
  10. troutbug

troutbug Member

:sign0173: Looks awesome, man!! Now you're back in business for a little more "Nissan crunching!" No really, great job!