1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Road noise in 2011 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by feb, May 10, 2011.

1. feb

feb Rockstar

I have a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 Double Cab. I notice that when I am driving, road and wind noise seem to be coming from the rear passenger side door, almost like there is a crack in the window. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Try taking a dollar bill, fold in half long ways and close in the door along the weather strip, pull on the bill as you slide it along the weather strip, when it pulls out thats were your wind noise is. If it doesn't pull out than your leak is most likely elsewhere.
  3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

4. jeffncherry

jeffncherry New Member

We have the same problem. Contacted the dealer. They took back seats and carpet out and did something. Messed up the seatbelt but didn't fix the wind noise. Filled out questions on service satisfaction survey with many negative answers. Then we started recieving calls from GM asking what can be done to satify us. We said fix the noise , replace the truck or refund our money. LOL...They are supposed to call us back on Tuesday. We will see.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I think Sal is spot on with your noise Feb. It's the rr vent. Rather than try & sort through all 265+ posts on that link, start at approx # 240 or #250 because that is about where some of the vehicles are starting to get fixed to the customers satisfaction.
  6. feb

feb Rockstar

wind noise

I had put some round pipe insulation between the cab and the bed right next to the vents and it knocked out most of the noise. When I took it in they said it was the quietest they had ever heard and did nothing. I took it in last week again. But before I did, I took out the pipe insulation. They test drove it and ordered new parts. The parts should be in next week. They also told me that they ordered a new rear cab insulator. The tech told me he was going to replace the cab insulator, add more insulation and seal up some holes. It will take 4 - 5 hours to do the job. We shall see.

I also had a rattle which I thought was the rear seat on the pass. side. Turns out is was in the headliner above the front pass. seat. The tech put more insulation up there and the problem is solved.
  7. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

thats great advise i have never thought of that.

learn something new everyday
  8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to keep me posted regarding your concerns. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  9. feb

feb Rockstar

What does it mean - keep me posted? Are you able to get the problem corrected or are you going to tell us sorry, can't fix it? Saw your post in another thread about the noise and so far you haven't said anything but sorry. We paid a lot of money for these trucks. We don't want sorry ------ we want a fix.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  10. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into this further for you. Do you have a case number? In order to do more research, I will need some more specific information from you such as your name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me either on the thread or via private message. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.