Road noise

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by stumpaction, Oct 22, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. stumpaction

stumpaction New Member

i have an 09 lt and when i take it down the road i start getting a loud whining and the faster i go the louder it gets. i had a dealer look at it and they said there are no problems. we had the driver hub bearing replaced about a year and a half ago, but it made the noise before that just not as loud. it almost sounds like it could be the tires but im not sure. any one know what it could be.
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Member 100 Posts

I would be more that happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sometimes those noises can be hard to track down, but is it a high or low pitched whine. bearings can definately give that lower pitched whine (roar)
  4. mwatters

mwatters New Member

My simple guess is your HHR has a bad wheel bearing. Mine got to where i couldnt talk on the phone it was so loud.
  5. stumpaction

stumpaction New Member

they checked everything from the brakes to the engine. i asked about a wheel bearing being bad and negative. now that ive listened a little closer, i think its the tires. only because its a pulsing whine. its got some stupid street performance tires that were on it when i bought it. i think im gonna get some regular everyday tires wheni can afford it. thanks