Roadmaster Active Suspension?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by JimmyA, Jun 3, 2014.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Are you happy with the set up? Any Ideas for on-line purchase? I'm going all in, for the "Gusto".

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've got it on my 2011 2wd with 5.3/6 spd.
    Half my driving is with either the bed loaded or a loaded trailer on back.
    Almost zero squat when loaded either way compared to 3-4" stock.
    The design also makes for a decent roll and sway control and best of all no change in ride when unloaded.
    Im happpy and think I got my moneys worth.

3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Where did you purchasefrom?

- - - Updated - - -

I plan to install, myself!

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I purchased direct from the company.
    Call them on their 1-800 # and ask if they still have the GM Truck Club discount. The number should be on their website.
    Install is about 30-45 mins for both sides.
    The directions have you remove the rear tires, I questioned this and was told by their engineer if you can reach everything without doing that skip that step.
    Their feeling was the added weight of the wheels/tires with the rr axle hanging just adds more preload to the springs.
    The one issue I have had was at some point I flexed the rr suspension enough for the roadmaster load spring to snatch at the inner fender liner (I have the black factory add on rr fender inner liners), there was no damage done, just a mark in the dust on the fender liner that showed me what happened.
    I believe it happened when I hit a set of unmarked railroad tracks at 55mph with a cord of wood in the bed.