Roads are Terrible!!! And getting worse!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by the phantom, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

The pot holes in CT especially in my town get really bad this time of year because most local roads have tons of patch work. Many times city plows just rip the pavement up or rip the patches right out of the ground. The city refuses to repave because residents would complain about the noise, smell and inability to access their homes. I hope this year they do a better job on their patches so they don't fall apart by august like normal.

2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I lost a tire two weeks ago... :/

3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Did you ever find it??:lol:West Main st. near the firehall is getting brutal here wouldn't ya say?

4. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I'd say Rte 219 going north in Ashford is the worst... almost bounces you into the other lane. Looks like an alignment is coming in the spring.

5. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I'm in in Hudson Valley area of NY and the roads are pretty bad here too. Holes everywhere. Swerving to avoid them all over the place.
    I just got tires on a few weeks ago and now one or a couple of them are unbalanced due to accidentally hitting a couple potholes.

6. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

I love leaving LA. It's getting horrible here. Each summer when it gets above 110 degrees or so and the older roads start to "buckle" from heavy traffic they go unfixed and begin to break apart. Louisiana as a whole has horrible road quality. You can tell as soon as you leave the state how well the roads change say, headed to Texas (Mississippi roads are like roller coasters, almost worse than here).

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Never mind the rutt'ss How about the Mounds.. All Ice by me.. PART_1393537354756.jpg

8. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

The roads are fine here in Oregon..we've mainly been getting a ton of rain. But a month ago from December-January the roads were a night mare. lol.

9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hino??
    Seem to remember some Toyota related manufacturer-maybe built Diesel trucks-called Hino?
    What is your Hino-where did it come from.

I'm in New Orleans suburbs- we have potholes here also-but they are different than your "cold wet winter" destroyed roads- I think they have something to do with our soil-rain-drought-weight of cars-
    We have plenty-but they aren't as bad as the ones I see on TV that folks in "cold and wet" areas are dealing with

Body on frame trucks-usually have sturdier suspensions steering etc-than cars-since they are in theory work vehicles-guessing our GM trucks take less of a beating than the cars-more ground clearance too

10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Yeah I knew a guy that had one. He hauled hay from here in NY to Florida every summer with it.. I think it was a cab over straight truck. I think your right with it being a Toyota or something.