1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rodent nests

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by fguros, May 27, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. fguros

fguros New Member

Since my 2002 Silverado is used for towing exclusively, it sits for months at times. Last year I happened to open the hood and found a nest at the firewall which was a mess with the insulation, branches,leaves,etc. Is there some repelant item I can use.

Fguros
  2. lalo56

lalo56 New Member 100 Posts

Use poisen slowly they will start dissapearing.
  3. fguros

fguros New Member

What poison is used to eliminate nests?
  4. lalo56

lalo56 New Member 100 Posts

Pellets. You could find them at a hardware store.
  5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member 100 Posts

A poison is gonna kill them 4 sure..If your cat/dog gets one that has the poison in its system, good bye pet. Also they are gonna crawl up somewhere and die, leaving a rotten stinking body..just my .02...Good Luck..
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Rodents are a pain, and it doesn't have to be just vehicles that sit for months. My 97 pickup had a nest in the air filter box, I was driving it everyday at the time.

Dryer sheets are popular in the RV crowd for keeping mice out, apparently they work quite well.
  7. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member 100 Posts

I was told mothballs..But I have a hard time cutting them off..
  8. rustyk2

rustyk2 New Member 100 Posts

You just gotta use very small scissors.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:rofl: good one
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You also have to be really fast....
    I use mothballs to keep out mice in my sleds during the summer, and the squrrels and other rodents out of boat during the winter.. they work great. And if the truck is sitting all you need to do is place a couple on the top of each tire, and a few under the truck.. Dont worry about putting any inside since it will stink and placed properly will keep them far far away from your truck.