1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rolled 200k today!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by chilax, Apr 21, 2012.

1. chilax

chilax Rockstar

Hey guys so my baby has survived so far to 200k as of today on my commute home from work! So what should I be worried about? lol

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Shouldn't be worried about a freakin thing :lol:I'm about to roll 239k. But for real, wheel bearings if you haven't already changed them, different steering components and some electrical fits. I just got over a shorted out courtesy light system somehow.

3. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Suspension bushings. It is time if they have not been changed.

4. chilax

chilax Rockstar

well I already just recently within 2k miles replaced the steering rack. Wheel bearings, good call, been starting to feel a slight vibration in my rear end too. Only other thing im severely worried about is the tranny starting to slip here and there... money tight right now ( just like everyone else lol, recently married and just got into a house so im sure most of you can relate.). Should I worry about flushing fluids or am i asking for trouble at this point by doing that? I've owned the truck since 140k and I havnt done it yet and lord knows if it was done before me. I check all my fluids religiously and nothing is burnt or any metal debris( shocker)...

5. Shiloh24

Shiloh24 New Member

I imagine the transmission fluid is pretty nasty and burnt being over 60k miles old.