1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Roller Rockers GENIV

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by joshuadare, May 11, 2013.

1. joshuadare

joshuadare New Member

Does anyone know if SLP, CRANE or other venders that make aftermarket roller rockers work on the newer GM 4.8/5.3/6.0L motors with AFM/DOD? I suppose motors from late 2008 - 2013. I don't use DOD since it has been tuned out, and I haven't seen any aftermarket covering the newer GM motors. I don't know if the valvetrain is different from GENIII or if it's still the same design.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Josh
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

At this point there is no aftermarket manufacturer producing valvetrain parts for engines equipt with the AFM system. AFM isnt used on all of the engines you listed and non-AFM engines are still supported by parts.
  3. joshuadare

joshuadare New Member

So all new motors equip with AFM have a different setup of valvetrain compared to a same year built motor without it?