1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rollpans?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sevi084x4, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

So i was on this mission to get one of those Denali color match bumper looks for my silverado....priced out just getting rid of the chrome inserts and non painted replacements for those are like $265....A PIECE! So my question is does any one have a roll pan on their truck? And if so do they have pictures? I might be leaning towards that knowing that i cant do a good job painting that textured plastic on the bumper anyway....

Adam
  2. sevi084x4

Nobody got any?

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yup..I have one. I think there is one in my gallery..a pic that is.
  4. sevi084x4

Didnt see a picture of one in your albums man.

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I had one in my possession at one point in time but it was for an '88 1500 and I never put it on so I sold it. I typically only see rollpans on lowriders but I think I could vision it on your truck.
  6. sevi084x4

Yah im trying to picture it you know? I just am trying to see if anyone has any opinions on them quality wise, and pictures of course haha. But i saw a white nnbs crew cab in Texas last summer that had roll pans on it and it looked good.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Also im pretty sure if i went with the roll pan....my hitch would have to go?
  7. sstoner911

Sorry.. thought I had one in the gallery..but here it is. You can get a hidden hitch, however, when I got my roll pan there were not many that would accommodate a hitch.

Hidden hitches sit behind the roll pan and the license plate usually flips down so you can connect the ball/receiver. I could have kept my stock hitch on but it would have stuck out under the roll pan and wouldn't look right.

I have a second truck to tow with so it wasnt a big deal for me.

Attached Files:

8. sevi084x4

oh ok i gotcha, Thanks for the picture. Do you remember what brand you bought? Pros and Cons you have with it?

9. sstoner911

I got the front valance and the roll pan from AutoAnything...they are made by Street Scene. No real cons...unless you need to have a hitch. The roll pan and the valance are made out of polypropylene - a plastic polymer.

Right after I had the roll pan painted and installed a lady backed into the the roll pan...it didnt do anything to the paint or the roll pan. It had enough flex that it came out ok. You just have to make sure that whoever paints it does a good prep job.
  10. sevi084x4

Ok Yah i was looking at street scene ones anyway. Good to know it has some durability. And i got a paint guy that does quality work when people smash my **** up so i should be good on that one.