1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Roof "Fin" Antenna

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by winburne24, Nov 3, 2011.

1. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

Has anyone removed the Xm/onstar roof (Fin) Antenna from their Truck? Or does anyone know of a cover that can be bought for the area where it is located if it was removed that can be painted the vehicles color?

I have a 2011 Mocha Metallic Silverado and would like to remove the fin antenna for something a little more low profile. I would like to put a 2" leveling kit on my truck along with 285/65/18s but I am afraid the clearance in my garage will slightly not be enough. The fin antenna is the highest point on the trucks roof and currently clears a low lying metal i-beam by about 1-1.5". I know it will be real close since the leveling kit will probably raise the antenna about .75" and the tires another 1" or so.

Any ideas that aren't ripping out the i-beam would be great, since the whole house comes down with it.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

I know it's possible to remove the antenna but there will be a hole in it's place and I'm not sure how well your OnStar and other stuff will function with the removal of the shark fin antenna.
  3. winburne24

winburne24 New Member

Yea, i know there would be a hole... I thought maybe there was something out there that is currently made to cover it. Something flat instead of raised.