Wanted to Buy Roof Vent Cap for 1977 GMC Van

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by danvanman, May 3, 2012.

1. danvanman

danvanman New Member

Hello,
    I am looking for a roof vent cap that came on the 70's GMC Gypsy Van or Vandura. It is white in color. It must have no cracks or breaks of any kind. Do you know of any old Vans sitting ready to be junked out with the factory roof vent? It is very flat on top, no bubble. All I need is the cap. Remove the hinge pin by tapping it out with a nail and pull from the opposite side with a pliers is all it takes to remove.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

While you're waiting for someone to respond, check out this link....you may find one there.

http://www.car-part.com/

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Welcome to GMTC.
    Check out vannin.com. They have a links page, and I think there was some places here in MI. There was a guy north of Lansing, I think, that had a bunch of stuff, too. I'll send you the info if I remember it:) I'm looking for a tube or billet grille for a '85, if you see one...

Good luck,

4. danvanman

danvanman New Member

Golly, the nightmare of trying to find a grille for the 71-77 Chevy Vans. Used in average shape are available, but they want $300.00 for one. That is ridiculous!
    I would very much appreciate the info on the guy who has Van parts. Thanks.

Oh yeah, if I see an old billet I will let you know. You'd think they (Billet) still would make the grilles for the vintage vans.