1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rotor to disk brake conversion on 89 2500 with a dually kit installed

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by renegaderider, Apr 17, 2010.

1. renegaderider

renegaderider New Member

i own an 89 silverado k2500 4wd. The guy i bought it from put a dually conversion kit onto it from pacific duallies.Ii wanted to convert the rear drum brakes to disk, does anyone know if there is a conversion kit that works along with the dually conversion kit. thanks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

my best bet would be to contact the conversion kit maker and see if they have something they offer so you know it will mate with there modifications.
    Otherwise i would try to find a dually rear-end with the disc brakes already installed. I think that is 1999 up??
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it is a GM 14 bolt axle, which I bet it is, then maybe you could get the brackets from a 99 and up 14 bolt?
  4. renegaderider

renegaderider New Member

great thanks for the info