Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rotor upgrade Sierra 1500

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by SlickMachine, Sep 23, 2009.

1. SlickMachine

SlickMachine Rockstar

I'm about to need new pads all the way around, and while I'm at it I figured I should go to some cross-drilled and slotted rotors to improve stopping power. As for my rig- the specs are posted on what I'm runnin. The brake system is factory, and I haven't touched it since I bought the truck or lifted it and I'm not sure how I've gotten to 52k without replacing pads. So-two questions: 1. How difficult, if at all, is it to pull the factory rotors? 2. How much increased stopping power will slotted/drilled rotors provide over stock? I realize the biggest difference is noticed during prolonged heavy braking where the slotted rotors cool much quicker, but how much will I notice during normal driving?
    I've gotten used to the decreased stopping power from the 35's, but I know that its there even if I don't notice it anymore.