1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country 170H lift for a 98 GMC - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by berg, Aug 27, 2009.

1. berg

berg New Member

I've been shopping around for a 2-3" lift that will let me run a little bigger tire. I'm on a tight budget so I've been looking at torsion keys as well as blocks or shackles for the rear. I've come across a few on eBay that look okay but I've only got 55k miles on this truck and need to make it last so I'm not excited about setting it up for premature wear on the front end.

However I like the look of the Rough Country 170H kit that includes the upper control arms, diff drop bracket, shock brackets, etc. and add-a-leafs for the rear. (http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_88-98_2-3.html) It's a little more money but could be worth it. This is my daily driver so I'm going more for street appeal than hardcore offroad capability, but I do get off the beaten path every once in a while.

Wondering if anyone else out there has seen or installed this kit and can share any thoughts?

My truck is a 99 GMC Sierra Classic (88-98 body style).