1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country 2" lift coils and 4" lift spindles

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Blue97chevy, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Blue97chevy

Blue97chevy New Member

97 silverado 2wd and Im trying to find some feedback on this setup but have not found anything.. Is anybody using this as a lift ? all i can find is threads of people using spacers but i need to buy coil springs soooooo.... and if you are using this, pics and tire size would be great..

Im currently on a Fabtech 7.5" 0n 315/70/17 but want to drop it down a bit and run some 33/12.50/15 on 15x10 mickey thompson classics

Anybody?
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

I have a 96 2wd and I'm running the 4'' Rough Country lift. I installed it myself and it really wasn't hard at all.I do not have the 2'' springs just the 4'' spindles. I am running 32 11.50 Maxxis mudder buckshots. When I first did it all I heard was that these old body Chevy's are bad about rubbing on the back of the fender well so i wasn't sure what size tire to run. they recommend 31's with the lift I bought but knew I had plenty of room to fit 32's

Attached Files:

3. Blue97chevy

Blue97chevy New Member

Thank you for your response, I need to buy springs one way or another but if i need the extra lift to clear the 33's on a 10" rim then im looking to see if this 2" spring will be enough... Im running on a 7.5" lift now with 17x9 Moto metal wheels and 315's and still rub after trimming.. Im really wanting to get away from that because its annoying , i might aswell have a lowered truck.. (lil Sarcasm)

Im probably better off going with a 15x8" wheel and run 32's and that Sucks............... the pic above, is that your 96 with the lift spindles
  4. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Yes that's my 96. Those are factory wheels on my with the centers painted black but the 32's mount up nice and then i have 1 3/4'' spacers in the rear to match the front. that rough country lift offsets the tires like a true 4wd is.(To give it that same stance, but i like when they are all the same) Well ill give you a somewhat of a reference, my friend has a 98 2wd and he has a 3'' body lift and the rough country 4'' spindle and his 33x12.50's still rub.
  5. Blue97chevy

Blue97chevy New Member

Yeah, thats a good looking truck. I think i might just throw these 15x10's on craigslist and go buy a new set of 15x8. i know i will be good then , and the 32" tire would be fine. it would look ghetto on a 10" rim..
  6. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Yeah that little skinnier wheel will stand that tire up a little more. I think you will be happy with it. On my 2000 classic I went with a little wider stance. I can post more pics if you'd like to see the 96 from different angles
  7. Blue97chevy

Blue97chevy New Member

pics Yes that would be great , thanks.
  8. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

The one with the black 4wd is my other truck when i first bought it(Doesn't look like that at all anymore) The green 96 is a tad higher at this point before I put the 2'' lift on the 4wd

Attached Files:

9. Blue97chevy

Blue97chevy New Member

Very nice trucks.

here is my beast..
    [​IMG]
  10. MTM

MTM New Member 100 Posts

Man that's a good looking truck. I like how it has no badges on it looks really clean.... I've thought of removing all my trim down the side but can't decide.

Is this the one you want to lift?