1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rough country 3" lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by tmcroc24, Dec 15, 2009.

1. tmcroc24

tmcroc24 New Member

im looking at buying the rough country 3" lift kit with the new control arms for a 2007 NBS Chevy silverado Z71. should i get the new control arms or keep the stock ones and has anyone installed this kit? if so how do you like it.
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've heard good things about this kit, also i've heard that it's a good idea to go with the new control arms. Good luck!!
  3. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

get the new control arms, i would not run that kit without em, ive heard good and bad about the kit, heard they were havin ball joint issues on the arms but ive also heard they got it fixed, honestly i wish i woulda bought this kit but my 2.5" from top gun customz was only 90 bucks, good luck and post some pics when ur done
  4. rotaryenginepete

rotaryenginepete Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

GET the control arms. i have this lift, and without them i know the alignment would be way off. it actually drops yur front diff down too so have a metal grinder handy for some minor cuts...