Rough Country 4.75" Combo Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Fonze, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze Member

Eeey Guys,

I'm seriously considering to buy the Rough Country 4.75" Combo Lift Kit.

I really like it because it is cheap and would save me from buying a leveling kit since it comes with one and it's a decent size lift. :glasses: With this lift, I will probably run 33" Duratracs or Nitto Grapplers or something.

So my question is, does anyone think this would be a bad idea? Should I not buy it and just save for a different brand lift?

Thanks!
    Nick

2. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Save your money. That's the short story.

3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Save it and look at the BDS 4" or Rancho 4" kits. It is priced cheap for a reason.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X3 save your money for a BDS or Rancho kit. You invested alot of money in your truck so why cut corners on a suspension lift.

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

im with everyone else on this one. save your money and go with bd s or rancho I made the mistake when they came out with the 3" that rough country use to make.

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I agree with everyone else.. but if your on a budget i would get a 3 inch suspension lift and a Bodylift separate do some searching before you jump the gun... and your tight on money so do some searching for good deals!

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you add the price of a good 3" lift and a good 3" body lift and labor installing a bodylift, which is labor intense, its cheaper to buy a good 6" lift. The labor to install a 3" lift is about the same as installing a 6" lift.

8. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Agreed. I used to run a 2" leveling kit with my body lift and that was a nice setup. IMO, that's the best way to get 4-5" on a budget.

9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well i was just trying to give him a example of looking online and everything. I only paid around $300 in labor on my lift and was dropped off that mornin at dealership and was done before i got back in town at 3! They did hell of a job!

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You have said in the past that a buddy of yours worked at that dealership and I am sure the average person cannot get a lift installed for $300.