1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country 4.75" Combo Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Fonze, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Fonze

Fonze New Member

Eeey Guys,

I'm seriously considering to buy the Rough Country 4.75" Combo Lift Kit.

I really like it because it is cheap and would save me from buying a leveling kit since it comes with one and it's a decent size lift. :glasses: With this lift, I will probably run 33" Duratracs or Nitto Grapplers or something.

So my question is, does anyone think this would be a bad idea? Should I not buy it and just save for a different brand lift?

Thanks!
    Nick
  2. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Save your money. That's the short story.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Save it and look at the BDS 4" or Rancho 4" kits. It is priced cheap for a reason.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

X3 save your money for a BDS or Rancho kit. You invested alot of money in your truck so why cut corners on a suspension lift.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im with everyone else on this one. save your money and go with bd s or rancho I made the mistake when they came out with the 3" that rough country use to make.
  6. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

I agree with everyone else.. but if your on a budget i would get a 3 inch suspension lift and a Bodylift separate do some searching before you jump the gun... and your tight on money so do some searching for good deals!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

If you add the price of a good 3" lift and a good 3" body lift and labor installing a bodylift, which is labor intense, its cheaper to buy a good 6" lift. The labor to install a 3" lift is about the same as installing a 6" lift.
  8. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member

Agreed. I used to run a 2" leveling kit with my body lift and that was a nice setup. IMO, that's the best way to get 4-5" on a budget.
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 New Member 1000 Posts

Well i was just trying to give him a example of looking online and everything. I only paid around $300 in labor on my lift and was dropped off that mornin at dealership and was done before i got back in town at 3! They did hell of a job!
  10. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

You have said in the past that a buddy of yours worked at that dealership and I am sure the average person cannot get a lift installed for $300.