1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country 7.5 in lift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by vince921, Sep 2, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vince921

vince921 New Member

hey fellas ive been seaching around for lifts and i was looking for opinions this price just seems to cheap to be paying for decent quality when comparing to other companys

anyone have any info on this kit ? anyone used it ?

http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/4wd-chevy/1500_7.html
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You know the saying, you get what you pay for. Go with BDS, Rancho or Skyjacker. More money but great lifts. They FIT and work well.
  3. vince921

vince921 New Member

so no one has tried it out huh?? guess that answers my question hah
  4. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I actually did not hear anything bad about roughcountry ! mhhhhh
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well I know this is going to piss some poeple off and I'm sorry but the man asked. EVERY Rough Country kit we installed either didn't fit (bolt holes didn't line up), welds not completed, if the kit had replacement springs every corner would sit different, they would jar you fillings out of your mouth. We stopped selling it years ago. The boss even wouldn't let us install a customer supplied kit. Yes they have gotten better, but there still not up with BDS, Rancho, Skyjacker etc. Me personally I woudn't put it on a wheelbarrow. JMO. Again sorry if I hurt some fillings or pissed someone off.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Correction on my last post, last sentance. Sorry if I hurt someones feelings not fillings. No I'm not a dentist, but I did stay at a HolidayInn.
  6. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

i've got the 6" series II rough country lift. it was around $900 shipped and it went together great and has worked great for me on my 4x4. it took about 12 hours to install. i can't say anything about any other lifts since i've only had this rough country and a pro comp. i couldn't be happier with my lift and what i paid for it....
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  7. 08chevyz71

08chevyz71 New Member

I just put on my 7.5 inch lift from rough country and it wasnt too bad. Although pre warning. My truck is sitting nose up some so count on adding some blocks or add a leafs. And check the overall dimensions of tires ya order. I ordered nitto trail grappler 35x12.50r 18s on 4.5 backspacing and they are rubbing the bumper and rear inner fenderwell on the front. cuz they measure out to be 13 wide. Other then that the rough country aint bad. It aint a harsh ride. pretty straight forward installation took me 12 hours roughly. If ya need any more advice just ask.