Rough country lift kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chihawks35, Mar 2, 2013.

1. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

ive been looking for a lift kit, (however it might be on hold if it voids my warranty still waiting to hear back)

however ive been looking at the RC 4.75 lif i guess its a combo of a suspension lift and body lift. anyone have any feed back on this? im new to lift kits and such i have the RC leveling kit, but im looking to get a little more out of my truck my only worry is i stand by the code of "you get what you pay for" and i know this one is on the cheap end. so im not really sure if i want to venture into it or wait and save up for something else

any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

link for lift is below
    http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/4wd-chevy/1500-combo-kit_257.html

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

There are many threads about this issue. But I will give you my opinion. You are absolutely correct with "you get what you pay for". If I was looking to get a lift around that height I would look into Rancho or Fabtech for a good starting point. The Rancho says 4" but will give closer to 5"'s of lift.
    As far as the warranty issue. Read about the Magnuson-Moss Act.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Lifted/Off-Road Suspension Section

4. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

i should have put a disclaimer, i dont do an unreal amount of off roading, i hit some mud pits but ive hit the same stuff with a standard non lifted truck, i live in the midwest so im just finding it hard to justify dropping 2 grand on a lift if im not going to be TRULY off roading. 90% of my driving will be on the road

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

6. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member

Yeah that's a good idea except I don't have 3 grand to spend on a lift

7. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

some of the most successful lifts I have read about for most "daily drivers" have been hybreds of suspention and body.
    for MY lift i will not go over 3" of suspention. I did before and paid for it with premature suspention wear and sever "death wobble" (google that for a video LOL)
    im planning on a kit that will include new rear leafs (cause blocks fail) along with new A arms and a front diff. cradel, to maintain the best range of motion and geometry.
    if i need anymore lift than that, its gonna be in a <3" body lift to fit bigger tires, as that is really where your ground clearance comes from anyway.

8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If you go Cheap, that's what you get! I installed a ReadyLift Level Kit and it was Quality! As far "Lifting" don't skimp..........I don't know about Lifting, though.