1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough country lift kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chihawks35, Mar 2, 2013.

1. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

ive been looking for a lift kit, (however it might be on hold if it voids my warranty still waiting to hear back)

however ive been looking at the RC 4.75 lif i guess its a combo of a suspension lift and body lift. anyone have any feed back on this? im new to lift kits and such i have the RC leveling kit, but im looking to get a little more out of my truck my only worry is i stand by the code of "you get what you pay for" and i know this one is on the cheap end. so im not really sure if i want to venture into it or wait and save up for something else

any feed back would be greatly appreciated thanks

link for lift is below
    http://www.roughcountry.com/suspension/4wd-chevy/1500-combo-kit_257.html
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

There are many threads about this issue. But I will give you my opinion. You are absolutely correct with "you get what you pay for". If I was looking to get a lift around that height I would look into Rancho or Fabtech for a good starting point. The Rancho says 4" but will give closer to 5"'s of lift.
    As far as the warranty issue. Read about the Magnuson-Moss Act.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Lifted/Off-Road Suspension Section

4. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

i should have put a disclaimer, i dont do an unreal amount of off roading, i hit some mud pits but ive hit the same stuff with a standard non lifted truck, i live in the midwest so im just finding it hard to justify dropping 2 grand on a lift if im not going to be TRULY off roading. 90% of my driving will be on the road
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

6. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

Yeah that's a good idea except I don't have 3 grand to spend on a lift
  7. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

some of the most successful lifts I have read about for most "daily drivers" have been hybreds of suspention and body.
    for MY lift i will not go over 3" of suspention. I did before and paid for it with premature suspention wear and sever "death wobble" (google that for a video LOL)
    im planning on a kit that will include new rear leafs (cause blocks fail) along with new A arms and a front diff. cradel, to maintain the best range of motion and geometry.
    if i need anymore lift than that, its gonna be in a <3" body lift to fit bigger tires, as that is really where your ground clearance comes from anyway.
  8. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If you go Cheap, that's what you get! I installed a ReadyLift Level Kit and it was Quality! As far "Lifting" don't skimp..........I don't know about Lifting, though.