1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by erskine, Sep 5, 2008.

1. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Rough Country makes a decent lift but as far as installation, it is usually best installed by a professional (not to say you are not capable) but installing a lift on an IFS truck is pretty intense.
  2. Bbad

Bbad New Member

how much do you think it would cost to get a three inch spindle lift and rear block kit installed by a professional?
  3. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel New Member

i cant give u a quote for that but to have my 6" installed by a pro it was $650 for labor...so you would prob be looking at $300-$400 ??? IMO
  4. audiophile22

audiophile22 New Member

It really wasnt that bad. This is the second lift I have installed. My other vehicle was a Tacoma, and I did a 3" lift as well. But I have had lots of experience with rebuilding front ends on hot rods and custom cars. Usually working with less space than the inner fender of my 08 Silverado. At least I had lots of room for pry bars and impact wrenches to work. If you do this on your own tho... I REALLY ENCOURAGE that you have someone at least HELP you. I did it alone and nearly killed myself taking out the differential.

This is not an EASY lift by any means. It took me a few hours a couple days in a row for the front suspension, and I did the rear in about an hour.
    If this is the first big thing you would ever be doing to your vehicle, then i HIGHLY recommend having a professional do it.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    AFTER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. audiophile22

audiophile22 New Member

NEXT UP... TIRES... :rofl:
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

sounds about right to me
  7. audiophile22

audiophile22 New Member

Lift and Tires

I got Cooper STT 305/60/r18's on it. they ride great and they look sick!
    it's rainin down here in Arkansas so I have the feeling i'll get to try them out REAL soon :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

love how your tires look, i want to get some tires with that kind of grip on my truck.:great:
  9. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

IMO the Cooper STT is one of the best tires out there, especially for the money. they are nex ton my list when my MTR's go on my Jeep. they look awesome and work even better. nice choice
  10. jbrown

jbrown New Member

Still happy??

I am looking into this lift as well, Audio are you still satisfied with the lift and the operation of your truck? I am curious as my research on the kit has lead me to many posts of how unhappy people were with the kit and how they ended up spending a lot of money to go with other suspensions....
    Thanks to anyone who can add...