1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rough country lifts

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by runt_05, Oct 19, 2008.

1. runt_05

runt_05 New Member

ok guys im lookin at gettting a lift for my 98 gmc 4x4 and i was wondering what kind i should get. im not looking to spend a pile of money so i have been looking at the rough country lifts and i was wonering how good of a lift these really are. i have heard some good things and a few bad things but i cant really find out anything about the lifts on chevy's. any ideas
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

im not a big rough country fan
    i would recomend pro comp, skyjacker,superlift
  3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

when i lift my truck (this time next year hopefuly) i'm going rough country. The only tihng i dont like about rough country is they dont have rear add-a-leafs, but i can fix that.

If you go with rough country, make sure you get those stabilizer bars. It's optional but it's almost a necessity.
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

when i had my truck i was going to do rough country as well. they are the cheapest by far and other than the shocks you cannot go wrong with them. the shocks are awful i would recommend getting new ones if you go with RC
  5. SilveradoBrett

SilveradoBrett Rockstar

I have not had the cash inflow to be able to buy a lift for my chevy yet, but I am hoping to be able to before the end of the year. I put a rough country suspension lift on my bronco and it works great, only problem was the installation. It was a real pain to instal the new c bushings on the radius arms as well as get the HUGE coils into the front end. The only thing I do not like about them is the blocks in the back, they are not very high performace for the suspension. I would have rather gotten an add a leaf or a lifted set of rearched springs. Are you looking to do just a "show" lift without getting a performance gain or are you looking for something that will help you go wheel? If you just want the look of a lifted truck and don't really care about the performace I would just do a good ol body lift. I have also never installed a lift kit on an IFS vehicle so I do not know the pain of putting one in. Are you planning on doing it yourself, or have someone else do it for you? I like the rough country I have, but I also do not use the shocks, I put pro comp shocks in because the lift jit I found did not have shocks included and from the sound of it that was probably for the best.
  6. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i 100% agree i hate their shocks

go with rancho shocks :great:
  7. runt_05

runt_05 New Member

we do plan on installing the lift ourselves..........i have found a rc lift that comes with an add-a-leaf ......for my truck at least
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i agree on the rancho shocks. i had the RS9000X on my truck and they were phenomenal. they rode like a cadillac and were 9 way adjustable. My brother had the RC shocks on his dodge and they rode like bricks and wore out in 3 months