1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Country Spindles/ Tuff Country A-add a Leaf? OPINONS?????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by dgifford, Jan 3, 2011.

1. dgifford

dgifford New Member

hi i have been looking at the 4" Rough Country Spindle lift and 2" Tuff Country Add-a Leaf set-up. id like to know your guys opinons on the set up and if any one has/ had it.

Note: since my truck is 2wd i wont be doing any off-roading, strictly on the street/for looks only. Also id like to run 31" Pro Comp A/t tires so hopefully it wont hurt my mpg or speedometer too much?

liked to know if theres any major wear and tear that comes with the set-up, or anything i forgot to mention thanx.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

a 4 in. lift should fit 31's no problem, you can even go for a bigger tire if ya like. I'm at the stock height on my truck right now and running 31's no problem. I haven't noticed any difference in mileage with my KO's, but that all depends on how aggressive the tread is on your tires.
  3. dgifford

dgifford New Member

do you think it would mess up my speedometer with 3" bigger tires?
  4. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes it will effect you speedo. That can be solved with any of the programmers on the market today. If you aren't looking for a programmer there are companies that sell just speedometer calibrators
  5. dgifford

dgifford New Member

do u think it would be that noticeable that i would have to get it calibrated?

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

also are there any negative to having a spindle lift over stock?
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would go with FabtechMotorsport or CSTSuspension spindles. Not a RoughCountry fan, just my opinion. No intent to offened anyone with RoughCountry parts.
  7. dgifford

dgifford New Member

4shur i was actually looking into the fabtech spindles also.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think the Fabtechs over the RoughCountry is a wise choice.