1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

rough country vs. readylift

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by ace 14, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ace 14

ace 14 New Member

I have a 2008 z71 4x4 and I was wanting to get a readylift leveling kit, the 2.25" kit. However, i just came across the rough country 3" suspension lift and its only $50 more. Which would you all recommend?

2. bigblue89GMC

bigblue89GMC New Member

I would go with the 3" and a little bigger tires, but thats me.

3. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

heck, why settle with a 3" when you could go a full 6!!! lol i would go with the 3"

4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i would go with the 3" RC lift

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a pro comp 2.5" kit and it works good. They also installed shock extenders so I can keep my factory ride (for the most part).

6. gmagilla

gmagilla Rockstar

Rough Country has a good product and is usually cheaper .

7. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

Make sure you post some pics when you decide. I've got an 07 Sierra and I'm planning on doing a lift this spring.

8. Froggy

Froggy New Member

I bought the Rough Country 2" leveling kit and am very pleased. It was easy to install and much cheaper than the $200+ I was considering with ReadyLift. I paid 78.90 to my door plus $51 to Schwab today for the alignment. They were impressed with the simplicity and price of the kit as well. Removing the goofy little plastic piece from the bottom lip of the bumper is also a must. The truck doesn't look like a sedan now, and I can actually slide under it from the front with ease.

Product : Quantity : Price
    2007-2009 1500 Chevy 2 Leveling Suspension [1307] : 1 : 69.95
    Subtotal : 69.95
    Shipping : 8.95
    TOTAL : 78.90

9. lordfrosty

lordfrosty New Member

How about some pics of the new look.