Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Idle 2013 2500 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by hanks2013, Apr 15, 2014.

1. hanks2013

hanks2013 New Member

I have a 2013 Suburban, 2500, 6.0 liter engine, with 6,000 miles. I purchased it new in July of 2013. Since the vehicle turned 3000 miles, I've noticed that once the vehicle reaches operating temperature, there is a rough idle when stopped at a light in drive. I can see that there is a slight fluctuation in the tachometer reading which hoovers around 500 RPM. I can actually feel a vibration while stopped with my foot on the brake. I have brought the vehicle backed to the dealer twice for routine oil & oil filter changes ( 3000 & 6000 miles) and complained of the rough idle. Each time I was told that the technician had checked and found no codes and that since the check engine light was not coming on, there was nothing that could be done. One Service Advisor referenced a service bulletin that described a rough idle as normal. I purchase gasoline from branded stations, not the cheaper locations. I find it disturbing that this condition could be considered "normal". Has anyone else had this problem ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hello hanks2013,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle after visiting your local dealership. I cannot guarantee anything but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me referencing this thread if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  3. hanks2013

hanks2013 New Member

Thank you for your response. My e-mail is sron48@excite.com I look forward to hearing from you.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just curious, what brand and octane fuel are you running in it?
  5. hanks2013

hanks2013 New Member

2013 Suburban Rough Idle

I use either Mobil or Exxon regular grade gasoline, 87 octane.
  6. Pikey

I wonder if running a higher octane for a few tanks would smooth it out.
  7. hanks2013

hanks2013 New Member

I appreciate the suggestion but don't understand how a motor with only 6,000 miles on it, needs an octane boost.
  8. Pikey

Oh, I agree with you. a rough idle with that many miles seems odd. But, if GM is saying it is normal, then short of showing up at the dealer everyday and complaining about it I don't know what options you have. That is why I wondered out loud about the higher octane fuel. heck, if you get fuel at the same station every time I would even try somewhere else for a few tanks. Maybe it is a fuel quality issue, dirty tanks at the station, or water in the tank at the station.
  9. hanks2013

hanks2013 New Member

Your points are well taken. Although I use the same brands of fuel, I patronize several stations, therefore I don't think it is a fuel contamination issue at a particular station.