1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rough Idle On cold mornings ~ 2002 Chevy Silverado Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 23shink, Oct 28, 2012.

1. 23shink

23shink New Member

I have a 2002 chevy z71 with all the add ons exhaust intake chip. My problem is when it is cold out under 32 degrees and i go start it in the morning it will fire up and then idle for a few seconds and then get this rough idle and then check engine light comes on. and if i shut it of and start it it wil idle fine if i get in it and drive it it will drive fine till i come to stop and it will idle over 1000rpms. i get my gas from QT i have thought about putting some heet in it or some fuel injector cleaner in it but not sure if that will fix the problem any other time it runs fine just on a really cold morning. it has 106000 miles on it and i am looking for some help or advice or if some one experinced this problems. thanks
  2. mljjones67

mljjones67 New Member

I just started having this similar problem. Except my truck is stock. I get no check engine light.