rough ride because of torsion bars....

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DSpivey, May 18, 2010.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey Rockstar 100 Posts

I had to turn my torsion bars all the way up with some aftermarket keys after getting new bigger wheels & tires. My truck is very very stiff now. If I hit a whole or an uneven spot on the pavement my truck bounces very bad. Is it possible that some longer aftermarket shocks could solve my problem?

2. Joethepoolguy

Joethepoolguy Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

The bars are to the point now where there is no longer any "give" in your suspension. Pick the truck back up,and back the adjuster bolts off some. You won't lose very much height,and you will get some ride back. Try it a little at a time,then take it for a ride,and make adjustments until it feels good. New shocks will help some too,but with those bars cranked all the way up, your lower a-arm is touching the stop.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well said. Some new longer shocks in the front can't hurt either

4. DSpivey

Well.....I installed new longer shocks, lift blocks on the rear, & I already had aftermarket torsion keys. The ride is soooo much better. It honestly feelds like a new truck. The only down side is that now its not completely level. My back end is now slightly higher than the front and I just dont want to ruin my ride quality again by turning up my torsion bars. Maybe the new stance will grow on me.

5. ChivaLRy

ChivaLRy Rockstar

You could pull a trailer all the time. That should bring the back down a bit! :lol:
    Sand bags in the bed work too. :)

Good lookin' truck btw.

6. DSpivey

haha yea.....just throw some bags of corn or fertilizer on the back. That'll work want it. Haha but i dunno. Wish i could pick the front up just a little bit.

7. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

what size tires you running?

8. DSpivey

im running some 20" rims & 33x12.50 nittos

9. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

what type of shocks did you put up front?
    thanks...looks good by the way...:great:

10. DSpivey

rough country