Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rough ride

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by josh_1470, Mar 12, 2013.

1. josh_1470

josh_1470 New Member

Ok so I just replaced all four of my shocks to pro comp es9000 In the front and es6000 in the rear. Now before I replaced them my other shocks were completely shot and my truck would just about jump to the other lane when going over a bump. Now that I've replaced them it rides so much smoother but it's not as good of a ride as I want. Is there anything else I can do to get a smoother ride? Also are the shocks I replaced them with any good? I just want something that is smooth for riding around town but still good enough to go off road with

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

With a 6" lift your never gonna have a good ride, thats just a fact of lifts. Bilstein shocks might have helped out a little better than Rancho's, they have a smoother ride.
    Also you need to make sure the shocks arent topping out due to the lift that'll affect ride quality too.