1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Routing RCA cables?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by toughwaters, Sep 15, 2010.

1. toughwaters

toughwaters New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I have a 2010 Suburban LT that I just had a aftermarket overhead DVD player installed in. The DVD player has a set of AUX inputs that I would like to use so my question is what is the easiest route to take to send some RCA cables from the Front center console up to the DVD player that is mounted on the ceiling between the 2 front seats? I dont think I can route them up the sides due to the side airbags. What route does chevy use on the LTZ's? Thanks.
  2. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

A pillar?.....
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Without a doubt you will have to route them through a pillar, whether it be the a pillar, b pillar, or c pillar. A and C would be a long circuitous way to get there, but if the B pillar has an airbag in it, that's the route you're going to have to take.
  4. mad1500hd

mad1500hd Rockstar 100 Posts

i agree with Crawdaddy...i have a 2000 burb and i ran mine through the B pillar...my side airbags are in the seats...i don't know how the newer one's are...