1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

RPM Limiter on a 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 with a 5.7l vortec 4x4

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jonejam2, Feb 15, 2011.

1. jonejam2

jonejam2 New Member

Is there an RPM limiter on these suburbans? I am starting to have tranny problems (I think) and I want to make sure if the torque converter or whatever stops working properly that my newly rebuilt engine doesnt throw a rod because the rpms jump up too high.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

JJ

2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

if anything happens in your tranny, you will feel it right before and it will slip..but that wont make your RPM's jump to 6K or so ...unless you feel like keeping your foot all the way down.
    But i do think they have one...

anyhow, be more concerned about your tranny instead your RPM...lol

3. jonejam2

jonejam2 New Member

Thanks. I'm more concerned about my wife who drives this thing and has a VERY heavy foot. If it hesitates, she'll stomp on the gas :) or Cruise control will try to catch up to a sudden drop in speed.

JJ