1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RPO Codes: One oddball in my list

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BornAgainBiker55, Aug 12, 2013.

1. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

This question may be posted somewhere around, but I didn't see it in my searches:
    A few days ago I was watching a video linked from here regarding the G80 RPO Code indicating the Eaton Locking Rear Differential. I got curious and started looking up all my RPO Codes for fun. I've got a 2007 Silverado 1500. All my RPO codes seemed right / fine with the exception of "1LT". I have no idea what this one is, and I've only seen it noted on Malibu codes as the LT-I trim package. I've checked the sticker, it's not a wrong note on my end that I can see. I still have the original window sticker, and it's an LT-II Package on there.

Anyone have any ideas on the "1LT" RPO Code? If not, it's no big deal, I was just wanting a complete list for fun.

I'm using these two sites for my lookups:
    http://www.gm-trucks.com/rpo-code-lookup/?find=1lt
    http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/gmrpocodes0through4.html

Thanks all!
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Technically, since your truck is the LT2 pacakge, you have to thave the LT1 before you get to the LT2 package. As in, the LT1 has everything the LT2 has plus whatever extra options make it an LT2. Hence, they put both codes on the sticker. I have nothing to base this on; I'm just thinking out loud.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

The 1LT code makes sense to me, the LT-II does not. All RPO codes are only 3 char/dig long and do not have any -

I suspect the LT-II is a marketing/salesman code and not a build code. You need to figure out what comes in the LT-! package and then what is added by the LT-II package. Then you can probably answer your question.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Just go to http://www.compnine.com/vid.php and do the free 24 hour demo. You put your vin in and they list all the RPO codes and explanations. I did it and then copy and pasted them into a word document and saved it so I will always have it. It will list everything from alternator to tire size
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The link Pikey provided is a nice one but be sure to copy/past like he said, the first time you use it. As far as I can tell, if you try to use it again, it wants you to pay for the info and won't show you anything until you do.
  6. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

So was the RPO code 1LT in the glove box on the RPO codes sticker?
  7. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

Yes, the 1LT RPO Code is directly from the glove box sticker
  8. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Pikey, Just went to the link for decoding, and it is no longer free for the total decode. you enter you vin, they confirm they found it, and the actual build date, but don't show the codes without payment.
  9. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That stinks. I used it last month and got the free demo. It used to be completely free.
  10. REV_THS

REV_THS New Member