1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RPO codes?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 1BadSierra2011, Feb 5, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 Member 1 Year

I looked in my glove box in my truck today, and theres a z71, and a z82 code in there. So does that mean its a z71 orrrr? Thanks!
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Z82 is heavy duty trailering equipment and when a truck also has z71 it has nothing to do with the suspension.
  3. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 Member 1 Year

I was just wondering mainly because he put camo 4x4 stickers on it and if it is a z71 i want to put the factory sticker back on. Didnt want to if it wasnt a z71
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Next to the Z71 Off-Road Suspension Package, there is also the Z71 Appearance Package....along with the Z83....the Z85...the ZW7...the Z55 and the Z82 Tow Package they come with the Following features,

***Z71.....SUSPENSION “OFF-ROAD" PACKAGE
    ....Delivers Enhanced Off-Road Capability; features 46mm Shocks, Off-Road Jounce Bumpers and a 36mm Front Stabilizer Bar; the Package also includes a Skid Plate, Heavy-Duty Air Cleaner and Z71 Decals on the Rear Fenders

***Z71....APPEARANCE PACKAGE....18" x 8" aluminum wheels, P265/65R 18" All-Terrain, Black-Wall tires, Fog lamps, Body-Colored outside Mirrors and
    Door Handles, Unique Z71 Decals, Sill-Plates and Instrument Cluster, Chrome Recovery Hooks, Rancho Front and Rear Shocks, Body-Colored Front Bumper/Lower Fascia with smooth surface, Body-Colored Grille with Unique Chrome Mesh Insert.

***Z83....CHASSIS PACKAGE, SOLID SMOOTH RIDE....Delivers a Solid, Smooth Ride with 35mm-Piston, Twin-Tube Shocks and a 32mm Front Stabilizer Bar

***Z85.....CHASSIS PACKAGE, HIGH PAYLOAD FIRM RIDE....Designed for Enhanced Handling and Trailer Towing, with 35mm-Piston, Mono-Tube Shocks and a 36mm Front Stabilizer Bar

***Z82.....TOW/TRAILER EQUIPMENT, HD.....Includes Trailer Hitch Platform. 7 Wire Harness, K47 High Capacity Air Cleaner, (KNP) Cooling External Transmission Cooler

***ZW7....CHASSIS PACKAGE PREMIUM SMOOTH RIDE.....This Suspension uses a Conventional Suspension in the front, but the rear uses a self contained, self leveling Nivomat shock in the rear. ZW7 equipped trucks come with a softer spring in the rear since the Nivomat self leveling system does some of the work or holding the truck up.

***Z55....CHASSIS/SUSPENSION AUTORIDE PACKAGE.....This suspension system uses electronic shocks in the front that automatically adjusts to road conditions, becoming stiffer or softer as necessary. The rear will use an electronically controlled self leveling air shock that is monitored by ride height sensors and inflated remotely from an on-board air compressor.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014