Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rubbing noise when rolling down driver side window

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by eanderse, May 10, 2011.

1. eanderse

eanderse New Member

Hi,
    I just bought an 08 Silverado :party: and am noticing a rubbing/screeching noise when rolling down the drivers window. It happens when the window gets about halfway down and only for a quick second, but it is a little annoying. Could this be an easy fix or is it going to be a project?

Thanks!

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Try cleaning the felt strip that the window slides against....some times dirt get trapped in there....its a good idea to clean it out anuway sionce the dirt can end up cutting ugly grooves in your glass.

I have an 08 Sierra and I have noticed I am getting some noise maybe from the roller track becoming loose...I need to pop the door panel and take a look. Actually I have noticed all my windows are not as "tight" in the roller track anymore, however, this may something to do with the decibel level in my truck at times :)

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would also recommend cleaning the area around the window and seeing if this helps the noise. There is also the possibility that something has shifted and is causing the rubbing that you are hearing. In order to get a proper diagnosis for the concern, I would recommend contacting your local dealership. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.