1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rug is out .. suggestions.

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cyberpine, Jul 25, 2009.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

Well the Rug is out and the bench is going to be reUpholstered in a two tone Vinyl (black and blue)

My original plan was to clean, degreese, Grind where needed, , rust convert/seal as needed, prime and 200 sand and paint the exterior Cadet Blue.. and then only use chevy floor mats.

But now I'm thinking I'm might just paint it all black. I definitely don't want any padding and rug back on there.

What other alternatives do I have? I don't want full vynl or rug bak on there.

I'm tempted to paint it a high gloss black with plain old rustoleum.. but wonder how well that will old up.. it is afterall a floor. Anything I can do to help minimize scratches, chipping, etc?

It looks and smells so clean and fresh without the rug.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

87 C10 Project pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/cyberpine/1987C10#
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Use a truck bed coating. It would be more durable than regular paint. You can buy that stuff by the gallon at the parts store or even have the pro's do it. I've seen alot of rock crawlers do it. Get it dirty and just put the hose to it.
  3. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

That's a great idea.. I wonder if that stuff comes smooth and a higher gloss. Something about it tells me it might not have great adhesive propertie and may snag on all things cloth.

Well as you can imagine I've been hosing down the cab all day while cleaning and wet sanding.. well while fixing things on the dash.. bump.. the engine computer dropped out from behind the dash into a puddle.. yikes.. cleaned it up and starter her up and ran around the block.. all is fine.

Nothing like an interior hose wash down for that spring fresh clean.. :great:

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I've used bed liner on a few truck and Jeep interiors and it works great.
    Unlike paint it doesnt wear fast in high use areas (around the brake, clutch, and gas pedals)
    No carpet makes it much easier to stick the hose in the cab and rinse things out after a day in the woods.
    Road noise will be louder without carpet and the interior will be a little cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer without the insulation backing. Bed liner will help a little with this but not completely.
  5. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

In particular which bed coating? I was just at autozone and they had some Krylon brand. I don't want anything with texture or that is completely flat colored and chauky.
  6. PrestonM

PrestonM New Member

I don't know of any roll or spray in bed liner that is glossy. Usually rough in texture.
  7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Most bedliners are more of a satin, low gloss.
    Duplicolor comes in a few different colors, I've got Duplicolor medium blue in my 93 Wrangler and it almost matches the factory paint.
    All of them have texture, the main purpose of using it as a bedliner. Without some texture it would be real slick when you get moisture on your shoes.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Rug is out suggestions

Check out www.Durabakcompany.com. Stuff works great! Its been around for years, even before most spray on companies.
  9. grimreapersshadow

grimreapersshadow Rockstar 100 Posts

every look into floor coatings? there some that you put down in the garage that hold a shine that might work