Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Run with these tires?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ChevyBoy2009, Jan 9, 2014.

1. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys...i realized the other day that i need new tires...these tires were on truck when i got it...they are BF Goodrich A/T KO's in 265/60/R18 i think(to cold to go outside lol)...they are chewed up BAD from gravel and weather worn and thats how i got them...but anyway i wanna get 285s now and i cant afford NEW ones right now but a friend has 285/65/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers for sale for 150 with over 1/4 tread(worn even)...anyway should i get them and run till i can get NEW ones of those?...prolly 15k or so left in them,id prolly get NEW ones mid summerish

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. badazz2013

badazz2013 New Member

I am not a tire guy, but I say as long as they are not outta round and they are really worn evenly then u should be good to go. Grapplers are mean looking tires and I can't wait to have to buy new tires and get some trail grapplers.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nothing wrong with used Just got these for next summer for $80.00 off of Craigslist If they last me 1 1/2 summers I'll be happy.. Better then spending $600+ on new tires..

tire1.jpg tire4.jpg

4. ChevyBoy2009

here is a pic of the tires he has for 150...the tires i have now are chewed up/cupping(had alignment done 3 months ago,so fixed the cupping issue)...ill take a pic of those at break...both mine and these "new" ones both have some weather checking

Attached Files:

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They look like they will last a year or so.. Go for it..They are a bigger Lug so not sure how they will do in Snow or heavy rain..

6. ChevyBoy2009

I had Nittos on my last truck and i loved them...these BFG A/T KO's i have now SUCK

7. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you haven't jump all over these. Those tires have about 20k left on them, depending on your summer weather and how often you rotate them. The BFG is a great tire if they are taken care of and air pressure it correct in them so they do not balloon out and wear uneven. Nitto is also a great tire. For the price and tread amount left you would be happy with these until you could get something else.

8. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

Toyo AT2's

9. ChevyBoy2009

The guy still has them for sale...then i got to thinking i have about 1/4 tread left on my BFs and i switch to these at about 1/4 left, im not really getting anywhere...i have priced out Toyo Open Country AT2s for 965 installed for 275/65/R18

10. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

If the BFG's are bad I would go with the others. The Nittos will last for quite a while and are great tires.