1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Running Board Gun Storage for Your Pickup Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The company is a sponsor here. @Springthing or @Doberman has not been around in awhile. I like the boxes, I would have to have a lift kit on my yukon xl for them and win the lottery because they don't come cheap. I fear that I would get hung up on something. They look like they are well constructed, sealed, rugged boxes. Great for tow straps, chains, tools, etc.. I don't think that I would put guns in it.

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep, those are definitely Rocker Pods. I want a set for the Suburban, but I can't afford them. Putting guns in them is probably not the best idea...

4. Curky

For sure would need a lift. I would have no use for them myself. I know I have seen them before for sure but never with a gun storage. That is why I had to post.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I could always use more storage. I would carry more tools in them along with a nice jack. Maybe, some spare parts, fluids.... They look pretty bad A$$.

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

those are way cool.............thanks for sharing, Tim
    Brian......p.s, now get back to work !!!!!:sign0020:

7. Curky

I have work open in another tab,lol
    I would have to say with a 6" lift, 35" tires and that front bumper would look real nice on my truck though. But it would be bad for me. I regret getting the 4.3. I learned my lesson My next will be 5.3 or larger. Then I wouldn't think it was a wast to do all of that.

8. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey, Tim, thought you had a 4.8??

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION], I've seen those. They are just asking to be unbolted and stolen .. or tampered with ... or drilled. And someone could do these things without setting off a truck alarm if one were slow and methodical about it.

Firearms really need to be stored in the cab, under lock/key (ideally in a safe), with an alarm at the perimeter that detects glass breakage, motion, and shocks (i.e. the kind experienced when putting the truck on a roll-back). Why? Because all good security is layered.

10. Curky

Nope it is V6 4.3 WT 2WD. It is my first truck and could not beat the price.