Running Board Gun Storage for Your Pickup Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The company is a sponsor here. @Springthing or @Doberman has not been around in awhile. I like the boxes, I would have to have a lift kit on my yukon xl for them and win the lottery because they don't come cheap. I fear that I would get hung up on something. They look like they are well constructed, sealed, rugged boxes. Great for tow straps, chains, tools, etc.. I don't think that I would put guns in it.

3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yep, those are definitely Rocker Pods. I want a set for the Suburban, but I can't afford them. Putting guns in them is probably not the best idea...

4. Curky

For sure would need a lift. I would have no use for them myself. I know I have seen them before for sure but never with a gun storage. That is why I had to post.

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I could always use more storage. I would carry more tools in them along with a nice jack. Maybe, some spare parts, fluids.... They look pretty bad A$$.

6. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

those are way cool.............thanks for sharing, Tim
    Brian......p.s, now get back to work !!!!!:sign0020:

7. Curky

I have work open in another tab,lol
    I would have to say with a 6" lift, 35" tires and that front bumper would look real nice on my truck though. But it would be bad for me. I regret getting the 4.3. I learned my lesson My next will be 5.3 or larger. Then I wouldn't think it was a wast to do all of that.

8. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey, Tim, thought you had a 4.8??

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION], I've seen those. They are just asking to be unbolted and stolen .. or tampered with ... or drilled. And someone could do these things without setting off a truck alarm if one were slow and methodical about it.

Firearms really need to be stored in the cab, under lock/key (ideally in a safe), with an alarm at the perimeter that detects glass breakage, motion, and shocks (i.e. the kind experienced when putting the truck on a roll-back). Why? Because all good security is layered.

10. Curky

Nope it is V6 4.3 WT 2WD. It is my first truck and could not beat the price.