Running Board Gun Storage for Your Pickup Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Curky

Curky New Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

The company is a sponsor here. @Springthing or @Doberman has not been around in awhile. I like the boxes, I would have to have a lift kit on my yukon xl for them and win the lottery because they don't come cheap. I fear that I would get hung up on something. They look like they are well constructed, sealed, rugged boxes. Great for tow straps, chains, tools, etc.. I don't think that I would put guns in it.
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member

Yep, those are definitely Rocker Pods. I want a set for the Suburban, but I can't afford them. Putting guns in them is probably not the best idea...
  4. Curky

Curky New Member

For sure would need a lift. I would have no use for them myself. I know I have seen them before for sure but never with a gun storage. That is why I had to post.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

I could always use more storage. I would carry more tools in them along with a nice jack. Maybe, some spare parts, fluids.... They look pretty bad A$$.
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

those are way cool.............thanks for sharing, Tim
    Brian......p.s, now get back to work !!!!!:sign0020:
  7. Curky

Curky New Member

I have work open in another tab,lol
    I would have to say with a 6" lift, 35" tires and that front bumper would look real nice on my truck though. But it would be bad for me. I regret getting the 4.3. I learned my lesson My next will be 5.3 or larger. Then I wouldn't think it was a wast to do all of that.
  8. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

Hey, Tim, thought you had a 4.8??
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

[MENTION=53221]Curky[/MENTION], I've seen those. They are just asking to be unbolted and stolen .. or tampered with ... or drilled. And someone could do these things without setting off a truck alarm if one were slow and methodical about it.

Firearms really need to be stored in the cab, under lock/key (ideally in a safe), with an alarm at the perimeter that detects glass breakage, motion, and shocks (i.e. the kind experienced when putting the truck on a roll-back). Why? Because all good security is layered.
  10. Curky

Curky New Member

Nope it is V6 4.3 WT 2WD. It is my first truck and could not beat the price.
  11. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

From looking at them real good It looks like the guns are on a rack that slides in and out, the doors look like they are sealed very nicely and you could hook up a alarm to them. Not hard to do at all.. I too would Never leave a gun in there but Extra storage is always nice..
  12. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Nah, I would never put them on my truck... Especially not as storage for guns.
  13. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

They look good on NNBS trucks, too. I'm not so sure they'd look good on a NBS truck, though. They're too boxy for the NBS's, I think.
  14. bowaddict13

bowaddict13 New Member

great idea but not for guns .. also wouldnt mind finding out who made the front bumper that thing is AWESOME it has a sweet clean line to it
  15. stchman

stchman New Member

I could not agree more.

When I go shooting at my local range, my firearms pretty much never leave my sight. When I get home, my firearms are put back in the safe right away.

With that being said, those boxes look like a way to store stuff IF your truck sits up high enough.
  16. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Since the guns in the pic are now illegal to purchase here in NY the storage bins used for that purpose probably are too. Uggg.... why do I live in NY????
  17. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member

That looks sick as hell! Sign me up
  18. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Looks like a Road Armor bumper.

Thanks for sharing, Curky. Running board storage is a neat idea - great way to store things and not have to take up bed or cab space. Like a few others in this thread, I'm not sure I'd use it for gun storage though, at least not long-term gun storage.
  19. The Heater

The Heater New Member

Uh, no.

1. not theft proof; they actually attract thieves to at least come close and take a look.

2. Any compartment not within the interior where the heater can run is going to be loaded with moisture, and those don't look very waterproof either.

I don't put guns in that, no way. Tire chains, yes. A jack, yes. Something I don't mind losing, yes.
  20. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

There cool... But not useful here in ny. The salt, moisture, and deep snow would abuse them. Some of the places I go hunting the snow is up to my rocker panels. I wouldn't feel safe putting to expensive rifles in there... I would be better served with it installed in my box.