Running Board Gun Storage for Your Pickup Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Curky, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

From looking at them real good It looks like the guns are on a rack that slides in and out, the doors look like they are sealed very nicely and you could hook up a alarm to them. Not hard to do at all.. I too would Never leave a gun in there but Extra storage is always nice..

2. forsakendemon

forsakendemon New Member

Nah, I would never put them on my truck... Especially not as storage for guns.

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They look good on NNBS trucks, too. I'm not so sure they'd look good on a NBS truck, though. They're too boxy for the NBS's, I think.

4. bowaddict13

bowaddict13 Member

great idea but not for guns .. also wouldnt mind finding out who made the front bumper that thing is AWESOME it has a sweet clean line to it

5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I could not agree more.

When I go shooting at my local range, my firearms pretty much never leave my sight. When I get home, my firearms are put back in the safe right away.

With that being said, those boxes look like a way to store stuff IF your truck sits up high enough.

6. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Since the guns in the pic are now illegal to purchase here in NY the storage bins used for that purpose probably are too. Uggg.... why do I live in NY????

7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That looks sick as hell! Sign me up

8. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks like a Road Armor bumper.

Thanks for sharing, Curky. Running board storage is a neat idea - great way to store things and not have to take up bed or cab space. Like a few others in this thread, I'm not sure I'd use it for gun storage though, at least not long-term gun storage.

9. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Uh, no.

1. not theft proof; they actually attract thieves to at least come close and take a look.

2. Any compartment not within the interior where the heater can run is going to be loaded with moisture, and those don't look very waterproof either.

I don't put guns in that, no way. Tire chains, yes. A jack, yes. Something I don't mind losing, yes.

10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

There cool... But not useful here in ny. The salt, moisture, and deep snow would abuse them. Some of the places I go hunting the snow is up to my rocker panels. I wouldn't feel safe putting to expensive rifles in there... I would be better served with it installed in my box.