Running Board LED - Keep OR not keep??

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ffdsmokeeater, Aug 28, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their "opinion" :) Some people are not going to like under carriage lights and some are. I say do it. If I had the budget, I would have enough lights on my truck to light up an air strip.:lol:

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The stereotypical vehicle on which such lighting is often found is an Acura RSX, Honda Civic SI, or similar ... frequently with a ghetto wing, a big coffee can muffler that sounds like a fart, and some Veilside or similar decals so that people conjure up ideas of Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift when they see the vehicle.

I can't say I'd want to make my truck look like a riced out car, but to each his/her own!

Surreal

P.S. I used 'green' to get some alliteration going with the term 'ghetto'. The colour wasn't what made the lighting ghetto to me; anything ricer-esque is ghetto to me, no matter the colour -- and I mock ricers ruthlessly. I'm not trying to be insulting, I just look upon trucks in a very different light from riced-out imports.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

If the floor boards are staying a few LED's that only came on as you described isn't a bad idea. The power folding boards come with them, or it's an option. Nothing as bright as what that Land Rover has but just enough to light up the boards.

4. beefynca

beefynca New Member

I would lose them....

5. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I'm a big fan of LED lighting accessories and like the look of these in a big rig and I think you're truck is big enough to pull it off. :great:

6. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

Well, I decided to remove the lights this past weekend. I'm going to install the white underbody lights and tie them in to turn on when I get in and out of my truck (for extra light around the perimeter).

Also FYI... the amber lights are for sale if anyone is interested!